Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Kids say the darnest things

I seriously love my job. It is very draining some days, but so fulfilling. I love hearing the unfiltered comments kids make.

5th grade teacher tells her students she is pregnant.
5th grade male: I knew you were pregnant
Teacher: Why didn't you say something
5th grade male: my dad told me to never ask a woman if she is pregnant because they might get upset if they aren't

6th grade female: Miss Todd you look pretty with your hair done and when you wear make up
They are clearly using the positive reinforcement on me

4th grade male: Miss Todd why you in all black?
Miss Todd: I also have red on
4th grader: Why are you wearing such baggy clothes, are you a "homee"
Miss Todd: My clothes aren't that baggy and no, I am not a "homee"

6th grade female and male: Miss Todd, are you married?
Miss Todd: No
Female: Do you have a boyfriend?
Miss Todd: No
Male: Is there somfin wrong wit you?
Miss Todd: Speechless

I had to talk to a 1st grade girl who has been talking about a boyfriend and kissing a lot.
Miss Todd: Who is your boyfriend?
1st grader: The cute boy over there (she points him out)
Miss Todd: Where did you learn about kissing?
1st grader: From my mom and dad. They kiss all the time and my mom likes to kiss my dad at night when she is naked and makes funny noises.

No comments: