Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Birthday at the Fire Station





This year for my birthday I got to spend the day at a fire station with my good friend Camille. It was one of the most unique birthdays I have ever had and I loved every minute. The fun men Camille works with made me feel very comfortable and at home. Soon after I arrived many of them started ripping on me, making fun of me and throwing me under the bus which led to"game on". As many of you know, I can usually hold my own when it comes to bantering and ripping on each other. Well this was no different, I felt as though I held my own dishing out as much as I was taking.

I got to ride along in the Ambulance and on the Fire Engine which was an adrenalin rush. I have to admit that every time I saw the red light flashing for a call, I secretly got excited. Everyone was great about answering all my curious questions and explaining how everything works. I have so much respect for medic's and firemen and am very grateful to those who risk their lives to save others. Camille was kind enough to make me a wonderful birthday dinner followed by delicious Better Than Sex Cake which was the perfect ending to the perfect day. I am so grateful for good friends and good food.



1 comment:

Julie said...

Happy Birthday! how fun :) I am sure you were comfortable with the men... ha ha, what an exciting way to spend your day