Sunday, November 16, 2008

Running in the Rain in White

A few weeks ago I decided to go running on a nice Sunday afternoon.  It was warm and sunny outside so I figured I would go about 5 miles.  I put on my running shorts, white sports bra, white tank top, Ipod and was on my merry little way.  I got about 1 mile from our house and it started to sprinkle which was actually a little refreshing.  I got about another mile from home and it started to rain much harder so I decided to cut my run by a mile and head back home.  

I was about 2 miles from home at this point and was pretty wet.  It then started to pour, not rain, but pour.  The rain drops were huge and it felt as though I had jumped in a swimming pool, fully clothed to run.  I was running up King St. against traffic and noticed a lot of people honking at me. I figured they either felt sorry for me or were laughing at me.  Moments later after I took my ipod off and was trying to protect it, I noticed I had a thin white tank top on over a thin white sports bra. I suddenly felt as though I was in a wet t-shirt contest and was winning.  I then knew why I was being honked at and realized I still had 1 mile to go.  I then decided to walk the remaining mile trying to keep my tank top pulled out as much as I could or kept my arms crossed attempting to cover as much as I could realizing there wasn't much I could do so I just laughed.  

Oh well, it is the little things in life that make us laugh.  

2 comments:

Julie said...

that is hilarious...good job on your winning the wet T contest, and props to you for going running...I am a big slacker these days :(

Erica said...

lol! way to get out there girl!