Friday, November 7, 2008

Quotes from Students to boost the self esteem

I love working with children. I am currently a school counselor in two elementary schools and enjoy my job very much. I have had a few reality checks along the way. Children are very honest and many of them have not developed that cute little filter yet. Here are some of the quotes I have been told in the last week.

1st grade student (male): Miss Todd what do you do?
Miss Todd: I am your school counselor
Student: Oh ya, but do you have a job?
Miss Todd: Being your school counselor is my job
Student: But why don't you want a "real" job?
Miss Todd: I like my pretend job being your school counselor
Student: Oh, maybe one day you will have a "real" job then when you are a grown up.
Miss Todd: Maybe

6th grade male student: Miss Todd, where are your glasses?
Miss Todd: I have my contacts in today
Student: Oh, you look a lot smarter with your glasses on


3rd grade female student: "Miss Todd, you look a lot prettier when you do your hair and wear makeup."

2nd grade male student: Miss Todd, are you married?
Miss Todd: No I am not
Student: Then how do you drive? Only grown ups can drive.
Miss Todd: You don't have to be married to drive and I am a grown up
Student: If you are a grown up why aren't you married?
Miss Todd: Some grown ups like being single
Student: Don't worry Miss Todd, maybe one day you will get married so you don't have to be single forever.

3 comments:

Julie said...

Oh how sad.....Kids are so dang honest!
don't worry I think that you are beautiful all the time, and are smart glasses or not...
and I am so glad you are single... because I need someone to hang out with over Christmas!!

Erica said...

lol! i had a patient the other day ask me if i was married. afterwards she said, "it's okay that you don't have a husband." ha love it!

Christina said...

Oh my gosh - so precious I just wanna ring their little necks! ;) But first I have to stop giggling. It's so nice to know that they're looking out for you, ya know? They've only got your best interests in mind.

I get stuff like this from my nieces and nephews all the time...bless their hearts. :P